– … But there’s more to life than screwing to Ravel’s “Bolero”!
– Sure there is… But what’s wrong with screwing to Ravel’s “Bolero”?
(Dudley Moore and Bo Derek in “10” by Blake Edwards, 1979)
– I think the reason why Mommy left was because for a long time now I’ve kept trying to make her be a certain kind of person. A certain kind of… of wife that I thought she was supposed to be. And she just wasn’t like that. She was… she just wasn’t like that. And now that I think about it, I think that she tried for so long to make me happy… and when she couldn’t, she tried to talk to me about it, see? But I wasn’t listening, cause I was too busy, I was… too wrapped up just thinking about myself. And I thought that anytime I was happy, that meant she was happy. But I think underneath… she was very sad. Mommy stayed here longer than she wanted to, I think, because she loves you so much… and the reason why… Mommy couldn’t stay anymore was because she couldn’t stand me, Billy. She didn’t leave because of you. She left because of me… Go to sleep now because it’s really late, okay?
– Good night.
– Sleep tight.
– Don’t let the bedbugs bite.
– See you in the morning light.
– I love you.
– I love you too.
(Dustin Hoffman and Justin Henry in “Kramer vs. kramer” by Robert Benton, 1979)